Shoulder_WCP

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Pia Stefanek

Shoulder_WCP

Post by Pia Stefanek » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:36 am

Hi!

I downloaded the model Shoulder_WCP (https://simtk.org/projects/propulsion) to simulate shoulder kinematics and kinetics during wheelchair propulsion.

When I open the model the hand is at the wrong position.
Shoulder_WCP.PNG
Shoulder_WCP.PNG (52.42 KiB) Viewed 129 times

I think that the only way to get it to the right position is to change the 'transform' values in the 'GeometrySet'.
transform.PNG
transform.PNG (23.65 KiB) Viewed 129 times
But I don't understand how the values must be changed. I tried to change these values multiple times but did not understand how they are are connected.

I hope somebody can help me.

Thank you very much.
Pia

Tags:

Dimitar Stanev

Re: Shoulder_WCP

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:04 pm

The six values correspond to the orientation and translation of the visible object (geometry) in the direction of the x, y and z axes. You can change individual values to observe how the geometry will be transformed.

It is possible that the reference frame of the hand (independent of how the object is visualized) is incorrectly positioned/oriented. Therefore, the physics and the simulation will be incorrect. Try visualizing the reference frame of the hand body or the frames of the joint that connect the hand and its parent (right-click on the corresponding body/joint in the navigator window).