Windows installer error

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Jennifer Dowling-Medley

Windows installer error

Post by Jennifer Dowling-Medley » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:22 pm

Hi,

I have attempted to download OpenSim4.0 today on two separate Windows 64-bit computers and encountered problems. On one of the computers OpenSim4.0 is already installed, but under a different user profile. There have not been any major changes to the computer or network recently, and OpenSim4.0 is working correctly on the other user profile where it is already installed.

I have attached a screenshot of the error message I received during installation. Please advise on how I might resolve this.
Attachments
opensiminstallerror.PNG
opensiminstallerror.PNG (203.89 KiB) Viewed 136 times

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: Windows installer error

Post by Ayman Habib » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:52 pm

Hello,

While windows may try to present different profiles, the bottom line remains that users don't have their own (Program Files)/Folders/filesystem etc. so it's unlikely that multiple users can install an application into the same location and expect independent operation. With 4.0, there should be one installation per machine and each user can have their own Documents/OpenSim folder for their private files/models since these live under /Users/ . You can try installing to a different location to have OpenSim operate under your own control.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Jennifer Dowling-Medley

Re: Windows installer error

Post by Jennifer Dowling-Medley » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:29 am

Thanks! I will try this.