Cannot Get Data Into OpenSim

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Patrick Rider

Cannot Get Data Into OpenSim

Post by Patrick Rider » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:36 pm

We are using a Qualisys Motion Capture system and an AMTI forceplate and cannot seem to get everything set up correctly to easily get data into OpenSim. Are any of you currently using similar equipment and if so, what are your setup parameters you are utilizing? thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Pablo Ortega

RE: Cannot Get Data Into OpenSim

Post by Pablo Ortega » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:43 am

Patrick:
It´s a format problem you need to put the cinematic data in a .trc file you can look the examples file included in the installation, same for the forceplates in a .mot file.

hope it helps.

Pablo

Patrick Rider

Post by Patrick Rider » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:23 am

Yeah i've gotten the some matlab scripts from the developers workshop, however i'm having trouble setting up our lab coordinate system to collect with OpenSim conventions (Fy as vertical coordinate/Fz as medial lateral coordinate). Thanks for the post though!

Kunal Singhal

Post by Kunal Singhal » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:40 pm

You do not have to set up your lab for opensim convention, if this is what is causing the problem. You can collect the data and apply rotational transformation to convert in its convention.

I hope I am understanding the question right.

John Chan

Re: Cannot Get Data Into OpenSim

Post by John Chan » Thu May 23, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi, may I get the MATLAB script from you as I cannot convert the file obtained in Qualisys to .trc format which is required in OpenSim.