can you measure height?

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Ary Silvano

can you measure height?

Post by Ary Silvano » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:42 am

Hi all,
just to make sure my model is giving the right results, I would like to check its height, from the top of the head to bottom the foot.
is there any way to do that?
I am using Rajagopal model, which is 170 cm, so i expect to get something around that.
/Kind regards,
ary

Tags:

Thomas Uchida

Re: can you measure height?

Post by Thomas Uchida » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:42 am

You could place a marker on the top of the head and check its coordinates (relative to the ground frame).

Ary Silvano

Post by Ary Silvano » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:45 am

Thanks for the reply.
It would be very useful if OpenSim can report the scaled dimensions of the different body segments.
regards,
ary

Thomas Uchida

Post by Thomas Uchida » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:11 pm

It can, just not with a single mouse click. To find the length of the humerus in the arm26 model, for example, you could compute the distance between the origins of the frames at the shoulder and elbow. Measuring the distance from the bottom of the foot to the top of the head is less clear since the top of the head isn't defined in the model (it's probably around where the top of the skull mesh is drawn, but there are no points or frames there). If it's essential for your calculation to be automated, it's probably possible to compute the location of the vertex in the skull mesh that is furthest from the ground.