Segment an Existing single line muscle into multiple lines

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Shivangi Giri

Segment an Existing single line muscle into multiple lines

Post by Shivangi Giri » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:18 am

Hi,
I need some suggestions/advice as to how I can segment a single line muscle element into multiple line elements. For example if I had to model vastus intermedius into multiple lines, how would I set the optimal length and tendon slack length.
I have gone through research papers but still have not got a clear idea as to how to achieve this.
Kindly guide me.

Regards,
Shivangi

Tags:

Michael Asmussen

Re: Segment an Existing single line muscle into multiple lines

Post by Michael Asmussen » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:39 pm

Hi Shivangi,

Is your question related to separating a single vastus intermedius muscle to multiple muscles in your model? Or is it related to using the correct inputs for this "multiple line element" such as optimal length and tendon slack length?

All the best,

Mike

Shivangi Giri

Post by Shivangi Giri » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:14 am

Thanks for replying Mike. I am working on the Full Body Model developed by Rajagopal et al, where most of the lower limb muscles are represented as single line elements. I would like to split these existing single line muscles into two or more mucles.
So yes my query is related to separating a single muscle for eg. vastus intermedius muscle to multiple muscles in my model.

Regards
Shivangi

Michael Asmussen

Post by Michael Asmussen » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:35 pm

Hi Shivangi,

How would you like to implement the multiple muscles? Do you want the muscle properties to be similar, but change, for example, the origin and insertion of these multiple muscle lines for vastus intermedius?

All the best,

Mike