IK & Scale tool, custom marker set

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Yunus Rezvanifar

IK & Scale tool, custom marker set

Post by Yunus Rezvanifar » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:51 am

Hello everyone

How can one define a custom marker set for a model (eg. Gait 2392) ?
For example in case of a .trc available with a different marker placement convention or in case of increasing number of markers to capture a segment motion more precisely.

Thanks.

FYI, I have read Scale & IK Documentations.

Tags:

Nicos Haralabidis

Re: IK & Scale tool, custom marker set

Post by Nicos Haralabidis » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:10 pm

Hello Yunus,

A model usually has a MarkerSet within its .osim file or an external MarkerSet .xml file. To make it work for your purposes you need to modify an existing model's markers to match your naming convention in your .trc file (delete/add markers as appropriate - this can be done through the GUI or a text editor). Each marker can also be attached to a specific segment which you can modify, along with said marker's position relative to the segment it is attached. You need to modify the <body> and <location> tags to make those changes.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Nicos

Yunus Rezvanifar

Re: IK & Scale tool, custom marker set

Post by Yunus Rezvanifar » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:46 am

Thanks for your reply and I add something for future refrence
.osim files may not have a marker set at first and <Markerset> tag would be empty, but once the get scaled an appropriate marker set would be added to the scaled.osim file and this can be used be IK tool.

Creating/Editing marker sets are available in following ways:
1. GUI>>Navigator window>>markers branch in .osim file>>right-click>>add/delete marker
2. editing marker set xml file associated with model by a text editor like Note++

Good luck.