Nothing happen in OpenSim GUI after loading my plugin

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Jianlin Zheng

Nothing happen in OpenSim GUI after loading my plugin

Post by Jianlin Zheng » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:37 am

Hellow everyone, I have a question about loading my plugin in OpenSim GUI and I hope that I can get some help from you.

In recently, I have updated the plugin named "spasticControllerPlugin.dll " to match the newest version, OpenSim 4.1. Actually, I didn't make sure that the updating process was absolutely right, but, I made it in Visual Stuido Community 2017 and built it successfully.

After having the plugin, I put it into the folds named "OpenSim 4.1/plugins" as well as "OpenSim 4.1/bin". Therefore, in OpenSim 4.1 GUI, I could find it though tool -> user plugins -> spasticControllerPlugin.dll. I was very excited to notice that there is a dialog which told me that the loading operation is successful, just like:
123.png
123.png (258.04 KiB) Viewed 199 times
However, there is a problem!!

I couldn't find it in the navigator, in other word, nothing happen in the navigator, just like:
Inked123_LI.jpg
Inked123_LI.jpg (163.76 KiB) Viewed 199 times
Can you help me? I'll very appreciate it!

Best wishes!

Tags:

Jianlin Zheng

Re: Nothing happen in OpenSim GUI after loading my plugin

Post by Jianlin Zheng » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:07 am

attachment
123.png
123.png (33.61 KiB) Viewed 154 times
567.png
567.png (37.38 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Attachments
123.png
123.png (37.38 KiB) Viewed 154 times

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:16 am

Hello,

You shouldn't expect anything to change in the Navigator just by loading a plugin. Basically OpenSim plugins define new types of objects (in this case a special type of Joint). When you load a model utilizing this special Joint it will be recognized and will show up in the navigator as a part of a model. So, try loading the model that utilizes the plugin to see if it works.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Jianlin Zheng

Post by Jianlin Zheng » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:27 am

aymanh wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:16 am
Hello,

You shouldn't expect anything to change in the Navigator just by loading a plugin. Basically OpenSim plugins define new types of objects (in this case a special type of Joint). When you load a model utilizing this special Joint it will be recognized and will show up in the navigator as a part of a model. So, try loading the model that utilizes the plugin to see if it works.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman
Wow! I have seen many of your valuable answers! I never thought you could reply to this question of mine, thank you so much!

Actually, I have modified the .xml file and gotten a very exciting result, however, I wasn't sure until you answer my question.

What I have done is that I added a line of code to the controllerset column in the xml file of the model
Code:
1.png
1.png (9.78 KiB) Viewed 89 times
After adding this code to "controllerset", I loaded the plugin in the OpenSim GUI, then, loaded the model, and finally succeeded!

I am very grateful for your ability to answer this question to me. As an ordinary undergraduate student, it makes me feel very honored.

Best Wishes
Jianlin Zheng