Changing Model Marker Size in OpenSim 4.1

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Brody Hicks

Changing Model Marker Size in OpenSim 4.1

Post by Brody Hicks » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:02 am

Hello,
I am working with a small model in OpenSim. In version 3.3, I am easily able to change the model's marker sizes via the "Markers" pane in the Navigator tab. This is extremely helpful for the model I'm working with, as otherwise the model markers cover large portions of the model geometries in the GUI and it can be difficult to see what's going on, especially when the experimental markers are added in.
I want to make the switch to version 4.1, but I have not found a way to change or scale the model markers in this version yet. I was wondering if anyone else has had this same issue and has a solution.
I have previously posted something similar on the forum, but never really found a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
William (Brody) Hicks

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: Changing Model Marker Size in OpenSim 4.1

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:32 am

Hi William,

As of version 4.0, we moved from creating custom visuals for model objects (e.g. Markers) in the application, to using visuals provided by the underlying model objects through the API. As such there's no ability to modify model marker size in the application/GUI. This new approach scales better to adding objects with custom/arbitrary visuals though at the expense of some convenience we provided in the past. We opened an issue on our development side to track this issue and discuss solutions.

You can change the visibility (hide/show, transparency or wireframe the display) of the model markers in the GUI or you can rebuild the application from source and modify the size of the markers on the API side, unfortunately no workarounds are available in the application as of now.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Martin Gen

Post by Martin Gen » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:43 am

Ayman, do you have the link to the github issue? I can't find it

Best

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:17 am

Here it is,

https://github.com/opensim-org/opensim-gui/issues/1222

Feel free to comment or discuss solutions there or upload sample model to demonstrate.

Thank you,
-Ayman