Muscle example error

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Rahid Zaman

Muscle example error

Post by Rahid Zaman » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:13 am

Hello,

I am trying to run OpenSim MuscleExample code, given in OpenSim core at GitHub.

I have built the code using the CMake 3.18.2 and there was no error during build and compilation. But, when I try to run the code, I am getting this error message.
error.PNG
error.PNG (13.85 KiB) Viewed 293 times

I am using Visual Studio 2019.

I run other examples. For ExampleMain, it is running fine, but for other examples like OptimizationExample_Arm26 and SimpleOptimizationExample, I am getting same error.

Could anybody tell me the possible reasons/ solutions about this?

Thanks.

Tags:

Dimitar Stanev

Re: Muscle example error

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:21 am

Hi Rahid,

Please make sure that OpenSim's bin directory containing the dynamic libraries (.dll) is included in the Windows' PATH variable. You can use Rapid Environmental Editor in Windows to easily change the PATH variable.

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:47 am

Thanks Dimitar,

Rahid, the fact that the error message points to missing entry point (API change) rather than a missing library/dll suggests that you have multiple installations of OpenSim on your machine/path and that the wrong libraries/dlls are found first. Please make sure if you modify the path as suggested by Dimitar that the OpenSim installation that appears first on the path is the one you are actually linking against.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Rahid Zaman

Post by Rahid Zaman » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Thank you Dr. Habib and Dr. Stanev.
I appreciate your guidance.
Yes, there was another OpenSim path in Environment variables. I removed that. Now it is working for all examples. For OptimizationExample_Arm26 example, although it is showing "OpenSim example completed successfully", there some .vtp geometry file missing
pic2.PNG
pic2.PNG (76.79 KiB) Viewed 181 times
. Is it normal for this example or am I missing something?

Another thing is, I set the the environment variables like this:
pic3.PNG
pic3.PNG (8.6 KiB) Viewed 181 times
But when I check the link in Rapid Environment Editor, there are a star(*) sign on both sides like this:
pic4.PNG
pic4.PNG (4.13 KiB) Viewed 181 times
I tried to remove the star sign from Rapid Environment Editor, but they come back.
Again, is this normal or am I missing anything?

Thank you both of you for your time.

Best regards,
Rahid