Time for Scale Tool

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Catherine Scarbrough

Time for Scale Tool

Post by Catherine Scarbrough » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:17 pm

I was wondering on average how long the scale tool takes to run in completion. I have scaled the pelvis, femur and tibia, but now the scale tool is just continually loading the execution. I am unsure if that is due to an issue in the scaling or if the opensim scaling just takes awhile to complete.

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: Time for Scale Tool

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:34 pm

Hello,

Scaling should happen rather instantly since there's no iteration (other than within solving one frame of IK for marker placement). As such something amiss must be happening. Possible candidates:
- Settings file for scaling tries to write a scaled model to disk and writing fails.
- Issues with static trial files and markers (if doing marker placement).
- Does your model have contact meshes or wrap geometry? constraints? these should generally work but could cause issues.
- Do you get a red error marker at the bottom right of the application's status bar? If so you can click it for more info.

What version of the software are you using, and is this a custom model? Also can you try doing scaling without Marker Placement to isolate the issue?

Please let us know what you find out,

Best regards,
-Ayman