How to constraint reserve actuators for CMC?

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
AUDE LEFRANC

How to constraint reserve actuators for CMC?

Post by AUDE LEFRANC » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:58 am

I'm working on a project where I essentially prescribe control to a specific actuator at the ankle joint. My goal here was to run CMC with this prescribed controller to see how this affected things like metabolic cost and muscle activation. However, when I run CMC, I get extremely large reserve actuators which essentially are compensating for any effect that controller might have. I tried a few thing to reduce the reserve actuators:
1. I reduced the min/max control and the optimal force for the reserve actuators in the actuators file
2. I strengthened the muscles in the model by increasing the optimal force
3. I increased the error limit for kinematic tracking in the tasks file.

The simulation seems to crash partway through, I'm guessing because it requires larger forces from the reserves, and I am constraining them to be smaller.

What am I missing? How can I adjust the setup files in a way that I can constrain the reserve actuators?

Thank you in advance!

Tags:

Carmichael Ong

Re: How to constraint reserve actuators for CMC?

Post by Carmichael Ong » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:08 pm

These seem like the correct steps to me. The only other place I can think of that might control the reserve limits are in the ControlConstraints file (https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/d ... raintsFile).