Running Analyze Tool in Matlab

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Evan Dooley

Running Analyze Tool in Matlab

Post by Evan Dooley » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:15 am

Hello,

I am working on using the analysis tool (AnalyzeTool) through the Matlab scripting interface to get out the ForceReporter results. When I set up this analysis using Matlab I am using a coordinates file to supply the motion for the analysis and am getting an error that I must supply the states:

Code: Select all

Exception:
  analyzeTool.verifyControlsStates: ERROR- a storage object containing the
  time histories of states was not specified.
  file= C:\projects\opensim-build-releases\opensim-core\OpenSim\Tools\AnalyzeTool.cpp
  line= 469

Error using runID_thenForceAnalysis_v01 (line 103)
Java exception occurred:
java.io.IOException: analyzeTool.verifyControlsStates: ERROR- a storage object containing the time histories of
states was not specified.

at org.opensim.modeling.opensimActuatorsAnalysesToolsJNI.AnalyzeTool_run__SWIG_0(Native Method)

at org.opensim.modeling.AnalyzeTool.run(AnalyzeTool.java:154)
The tool says that you can supply either states or motion as the input. Supplying the motion file works in the GUI. Additionally, if I print the file made in Matlab it matches a test file I built in the GUI. Further, if I take the file that it prints to record the Analyze tool set up into Matlab at the initialization of the tool it also works.

Why can I not run the tool from Matlab without supplying the states file? Is there an option to ask it to ignore the states file option?

Thanks for your help.

Tags: