Implementing new wrapping algorithm into OpenSim

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Mike Spahr

Implementing new wrapping algorithm into OpenSim

Post by Mike Spahr » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:32 am

Hello all,

I want to implement the Wrapping Algorithm from Hammer et al 2019 https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 6418302542 to OpenSim. In general this approach differs from the wrapping objects implemented into OpenSim. In contrast to wrapping around the threedimensional objects, like OpenSim does, this algorithm tries to find the best solution of the path by letting it move inside or at the border of the twodimensional ellipse.

My question is, where is the best place in OpenSim to implement these new wrapping algorithm. I already figured out that I could implement the ellipses as OpenSim wrapping objects and that the current wrapping algorithm is implemented in GeometryPath.cpp but this wrapping algorithm doesn't match to the Hammer algorithm.

Should I change the Geometrypath in a way it could distinguish between wrapping around or wrapping "through" objects ? Or is there a smarter way which I was unable to find?

And is there further documentation on the wrapping algorithm of OpenSim? I only found the Doxygen page.

Thanks for the answer!

Best
Mike

Tags: