Error in installing OpenSim 4.1- MATLAB test on Ubuntu 18.04

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Karthik Sama

Error in installing OpenSim 4.1- MATLAB test on Ubuntu 18.04

Post by Karthik Sama » Tue May 18, 2021 4:36 am

After picking many solutions to correct the python and MATLAB tests upon installing OpenSim 4.1 on Ubuntu 18.04. I am still stuck with one last test for which I couldn't find a fix:

Code: Select all

118 - Matlab_testOsimC3D (Failed)
I have used python3.6.9, g++-7, swig-3.0.8, openjdk-8, doxygen-1.8.13, Matlab 2020a, cmake-3.10.2 during the installation.

From a previous thread I have also added the env variable LD_PRELOAD with paths to libstdc++.so.6 and lapack, it helped me overcome other MATLAB tests, but I am unable to figure out a way out for the above test.

I have attached the error log file. Any assistance will be of great help. Thank you.
Attachments
matlab_error.txt
(20.56 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: Error in installing OpenSim 4.1- MATLAB test on Ubuntu 18.04

Post by Ayman Habib » Tue May 18, 2021 8:28 am

Hello,

This test osim_c3d is typically not run as part of the continuous integration process since Matlab is not available on the build/test machines. The error report gives the name of a Matlab function that's used but not defined in your matab version (2020) which may not have been available when version 4.1 was released. Please check Matlab for possible solutions/workarounds.

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks,
Ayman

Karthik Sama

Re: Error in installing OpenSim 4.1- MATLAB test on Ubuntu 18.04

Post by Karthik Sama » Wed May 19, 2021 1:45 am

Hello Ayman,

Thanks for your insights. It is not just the one test, I amn't able to run any sample program on Matlab. I realized the utilities folder hasn't been made upon running configureOpenSim.m, as I didn't mark the option BUILD_SIMM_TRANSLATOR during the make process. But if I do, the build breaks with some error in utilities directory. Could you suggest if this might be the place of error, or if I completely got it wrong and have to re-check with Matlab only, not selecting the BUILD_SIMM_TRANSLATOR option.

Thanks and Regards,
Sama.