Adding muscles in Plot GUI (Mac, 4.2) seems non-functional

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Ross Miller

Adding muscles in Plot GUI (Mac, 4.2) seems non-functional

Post by Ross Miller » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:44 am

Hi all,

Ever since upgrading to OpenSim 4.2 (Mac), I've been unable to use the GUI-based Plot Tool to graph muscle data. When clicking the "Muscles" button in the Plot Tool, the window that it opens seems to have a glitch/bug of some sort and I'm not able to select any muscles or navigate away from this window.

I made a video showing the issue I'm having if it's not clear what I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vWVbMykZKA

Is this user-error or something specific to my setup, or is this a known bug / anyone else having this issue? I'm using a 2019 MacBook Pro (Intel CPU) with macOS 11.2.3.

Thanks much!
Ross

Tags:

Ross Miller

Re: Adding muscles in Plot GUI (Mac, 4.2) seems non-functional

Post by Ross Miller » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:46 am

Update: I updated my macOS (11.2.3 --> 11.4) and now it seems to work fine.

Axel Koussou

Post by Axel Koussou » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:09 am

Hi Ross,

It seems that you figured out how to solve your problem. Not using Mac 4.2, I would not have been helpful.

But, I watched your video and you say that you're using a "modified version of the Rajagopal's model".
Thus, I would like to know to what extent you have modified the original model.

If I am asking you this, it's because I have also modified the Rajagopal's model by adding some DoF (external/internal rotation and abduction/adduction) to the knee joint.
Then, I associate a motion file (experimentally measured) to my model and I am interested only in my muscle-tendon length.
For example, my musculotendinous complex of the semitendinosus will be affected after adding these DoF but I don't know how legit is my relation between this length and the added DoF.

Could you enlighten me?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Ross Miller

Post by Ross Miller » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:53 am

It's Adrian Lai's version of the model with some extra muscles, some muscles combined (e.g. I have just one glutmax muscle instead of three) and some features necessary for Moco added, e.g. foot-ground contact and ligament-type passive joint moments.

Ross