Using input_transform for transformations of meshes within a body 4.0+

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Katie Blessinger

Using input_transform for transformations of meshes within a body 4.0+

Post by Katie Blessinger » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:47 am

Hello!

I am trying to update Caruthers_FullBodyModel2016.osim to work with 4.0+, and I am having some syntax issues with using input_transform on mesh objects within a body.

When I open the model, the visualizer shows this (attached): (with some of the left hand bones collapsed towards the wrist). I know the bones need to be translated and rotated to the correct positions, but I don't know how to use the input_transform syntax, as this is different from the model's pre-4.0 syntax.

I have tried a few different things (see attachments), based on the guidance for input_transform in the API, but am still getting the error for the input_transform line that says "The supplied path contains invalid characters." I am a bit confused how to insert the translations and rotations into the input_transform function

Any advice for using input_transform on meshes within a body would be much appreciated! (I'm still pretty new to model editing.) If any other info or snips would be helpful, I'd be happy to share.

Thanks!
Katie Blessinger, OSU
Attachments
input_transform Snip for forum_example attempt2.jpg
example of code tried for input_transform
input_transform Snip for forum_example attempt2.jpg (304.49 KiB) Viewed 112 times
input_transform Snip for forum_example attempt1.jpg
another example of code tried for input_transform
input_transform Snip for forum_example attempt1.jpg (318.13 KiB) Viewed 112 times
handsnip4opensimforum.JPG
(left) hand bones in model visual
handsnip4opensimforum.JPG (26.02 KiB) Viewed 112 times

Tags: