Scale Tool with Caruthers 2016 Full Body Model

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Katie Blessinger

Scale Tool with Caruthers 2016 Full Body Model

Post by Katie Blessinger » Mon May 16, 2022 11:29 am

Hello,

I'm trying to scale the Caruthers 2016 Full Body (https://simtk.org/projects/osufullbody_sts) to a subject's static cal data, and I keep getting a java exception (snip attached) when I try running the Scale Tool in 3.3 with this model. Would anyone be able to explain how to interpret this error? I've just been setting up the Scale Tool similarly to the scale tutorial (but with our own static trial marker data). (I'm using 3.3 because that is the version that works with this model.)

Happy to provide more details and snips about my scale tool setup, and my "scripts path" under Edit--> Preferences is the script path on my drive for where the 3.3 scripts are saved (ex. "C:\OpenSim 3.3\Scripts\GUI_Scripting")

Thanks,
Katie
Attachments
ElenaModelScaleSnip05.16.2022.jpg
ElenaModelScaleSnip05.16.2022.jpg (77.75 KiB) Viewed 181 times

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: Scale Tool with Caruthers 2016 Full Body Model

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon May 16, 2022 11:42 am

Hi Katie,

While we can't debug 3.3 issues as the codebase has moved (for many years), the error message indicates that a file cannot be written. This could be because there's a hardcoded path to non-existent folder in the setup files, or a bug that we fixe years ago where spurious extra files were being written to the install folder. In the latter case, you can get around it be giving permission to the application to write these files, or by installing the application in a non protected system folder.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Katie Blessinger

Re: Scale Tool with Caruthers 2016 Full Body Model

Post by Katie Blessinger » Mon May 16, 2022 12:01 pm

Perfect, thank you! I was just doing something silly with my folder path name