Custom muscle plugin as an actuator without control

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Soh Saif

Custom muscle plugin as an actuator without control

Post by Soh Saif » Tue May 24, 2022 4:30 am

Hi all,
I made a custom muscle plugin which has certain getExcitation logic. As part of the project that I'm working on I need to define a model with these muscles and disable some of these muscles' control features.
It means these muscles exist in the model but when we calling model.getNumControls(), it should not count these muscles as being controls and also the main model should not consider these as controls when working on controls internally.

This is used mainly for synergy optimization which is part of my project. I would like to know if there is a way to mark a muscle as a no control element when adding the muscle to a model? How can I achieve it? Is it technically possible in OpenSim ?

Just to note that I would be able to customise this custom muscle plugin and have access to it's source code. Is there any way to modify the muscle or the actuator functionality to mark is as a 'no control element'?

Thanks in advance,
Soh

Tags: