IMU Inverse Kinematics details on math form of joint constraint

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Xinyi He

IMU Inverse Kinematics details on math form of joint constraint

Post by Xinyi He » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:42 am

Hello,
I am recently interested in the optimal problem in the Opensim IK solver and I have some questions on it.
Here I will list them as follows.
1. It seems that the Opensense Github source and Opensim original code did not have any content about the IKsolver method( I guess you forgot to renew IKsolver method of Opensim 4.3?)
2. Actually, I am confused about the math formula forms of whole body joint constraint. I saw some papers concerned about the elbow's constraint which only has 2 Dof, and they use the adduction error angle which is angle between the x-axis of the upperarm and the y-axis of the forearm minus 90 degrees. Then this error is minimize during optimal problem. So do you use similar pattern to this one? In this way, the constraint is not a "hard" constraint that we must obey. Or you have whole body constaints as math equations that the optimal problem should subject to?
3. I am looking for some novel ideas on IKsolver, actually here the IKsolver is not a traditional "IK", it is just an optimal problem, right?

Thanks for reading, looking forward to your reply!!!

Tags: