Moco Inverse Clarification of Results

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Matthias Kindler

Moco Inverse Clarification of Results

Post by Matthias Kindler » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:28 am

Hello to all,

I'm trying to calculate muscle forces for a specific motion with MocoInverse. I based my code on the examples I found in the docs (https://simtk.org/api_docs/opensim/api_docs/).
Unfortunately, when evaluating the results, I noticed that the muscle activation was the same as the force, both in the range 0 to 1. So first, I figured that maybe I need to allow for higher max controls with dgf.setMaxControl(max_value) because I noticed that the default was set to 1, but that set my forces and activations to the range 0 to max_value. I am using DeGrooteFregley muscles.

My questions are..
1) How can the force and the activation be the same? Does this depend on the muscle model (DGF)?
2) Maybe I misunderstood the concept of activation and the generated force... What exactly does setMaxControl do? Is the control the same as the activation and the force as well?

Thank you!

Tags:

Matthias Kindler

Re: Moco Inverse Clarification of Results

Post by Matthias Kindler » Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:31 am

I noticed that there is another forum for moco... So if any mod sees this you can delete the post as I opened another one in the moco forum.
This is the post: viewtopicPhpbb.php?f=1815&t=16766&p=0&s ... f516bf4353

Sorry about that!