Ho to process the data faster by iktool

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
zhe jing

Ho to process the data faster by iktool

Post by zhe jing » Sun Oct 20, 2024 7:42 am

I would like to process real-time updated trc file data by inverse kinematics analysis, however, it takes too long to start ik_tool.run every time, and I would like to know if there are other inverse kinematics functions that can process the data faster.

Tags:

Mohammadreza Rezaie

Re: Ho to process the data faster by iktool

Post by Mohammadreza Rezaie » Wed Oct 23, 2024 7:49 am

Hi, depending on your problem, OpenSim finds the best optimizer. Please see: viewtopicPhpbb.php?f=91&t=3854&p=0&star ... 3b9c27d6be

In my experience, if you omit the constraints from your model, the problem will be solved much faster. The method OpenSim::Coordinate::isConstrained would help you find them.

Hope this helps.

zhe jing

Re: Ho to process the data faster by iktool

Post by zhe jing » Thu Oct 24, 2024 6:02 am

kernalnet wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 7:49 am
Hi, depending on your problem, OpenSim finds the best optimizer. Please see: viewtopicPhpbb.php?f=91&t=3854&p=0&star ... 3b9c27d6be

In my experience, if you omit the constraints from your model, the problem will be solved much faster. The method OpenSim::Coordinate::isConstrained would help you find them.

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much for your reply, in fact, the problem I am facing is that when I run ik_tool.run in multiprocess, the other processes get blocked out and I was wondering if there is a way to solve this problem at python level.

ik_tool = osim.InverseKinematicsTool("OpenSim_Setup/IK_Setup_Pose2Sim_LSTM.xml")
ik_tool.run()