Different results by CMC and 'Analyze' Tool?

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Rahul Goel

Different results by CMC and 'Analyze' Tool?

Post by Rahul Goel » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:48 pm

Hello

Manual suggest using 'Analyze' after we run CMC. It generates similar files as generated after running CMC. But somehow the results I am getting are different (like comparing the force file generated after CMC or after Analyze). After Analyze, I also see a states file gets added to the 'motions' list. Should that be used to plot the results? It gives different results (say total force) than the previous two I just mentioned.
Any pointers? If or not Analyze tool should be used and when?
And which files exactly should be looked at if all I am interested in, is muscle forces and muscle activations?
Rahul

Ayman Habib

RE: Different results by CMC and 'Analyze' Tool?

Post by Ayman Habib » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi Rahul,

The AnalyzeTool can be run on any motion (not necessarily the states resulting from running simulation or CMC), as such it has some settings to allow it to compute a full set of states given only coordinate values. You can tell the AnalyzeTool however to not try to compute the muscle states on its own by making sure the checkbox/flag solve_for_equilibrium_for_auxiliary_states is set to false.

Based on the muscle states (including activation), muscle forces will be different.

Hope this explains,
-Ayman