Garbage values after running ID?

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Rahul Goel

Garbage values after running ID?

Post by Rahul Goel » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:19 pm

Hi
I am trying to run ID on my data. But for some reason in the *.sto file created after ID finishes, I only see values like:
1.#QNAN000000000000000
in all columns (except time).
Any pointers as why it could be happening.

Thanks
Rahul

PS:
1. My original data files had nearly 13k rows, but the file wouldn't load, so I cut down the file to around 6k rows and appropriately changed time range in the header.
2. I tried both ipopt and cfsqp optimizers.

Yi Wang

RE: Garbage values after running ID?

Post by Yi Wang » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:33 am

Hi, i just introduced my experience, have you ever noticed that your TRC file, the markers trajectories are whether in global coordinate system or for every for plate(if you have more than one force plate).

Which indicated that you should modify the option in external load panel of "GLOBAL POINT" or something like it.

Hope to help.
Yi.

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:52 am

Hi Rahul,

Possible reasons for NaNs in output:
- Model has no mass properties.
- Something wrong with the definition of the joints/coordinates that results in that arbitrary forces can be applied to a coordinate without causing acceleration.

Both the value of mass and the moments of inertia should not be 0.

I'd be also interested in the motion file not loading issue if you can add more info or file a bug report with it so we can investigate that would be great.

Thanks,
-Ayman

Chris Zirker

Post by Chris Zirker » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:58 am

While I've never seen NAN's like this after running ID, I have found them in fiber force data obtained by exporting from the plotter (and had to write a matlab code to deal with them!) I'll investigate and file a bug report if I can't figure it out.