analyze tool vs. plot tool

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Reinhard Hainisch

analyze tool vs. plot tool

Post by Reinhard Hainisch » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:40 pm

When I plot the joint moments of certain muscles over the joint angle I get results that seem OK. If I try to get the same results with the analyze tool with a predefined motion of the desired joint, my results seem quite strange.

Ayman wrote in https://simtk.org/forum/message.php?msg_id=4074 that one should define a states file with muscle.activation set to 1.0 for the desired muscles.

As I see some examples of states files in the tutorial, how can I actually add this file to the analzye-setup?
Is it OK to add additional columns in my 'motion describing.mot' that define the muscle states (e.g 1.0) of the desired muscles during the full motion?

Or in other words: How does an Analyze-tool setup look like if it generates the same results as the plot tool, when I want to calculate joint moments?

thx
Reinhard

Ayman Habib

RE: analyze tool vs. plot tool

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Reinhard,

When you run the tools (AnalyzeTool in this case) you have the option to specify coordinates or states (xml tag=states_file).

You should be ok adding the columns in Excel just make sure it doesn't mess up the formatting and add extraneous tabs (particularly in the header).

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Reinhard Hainisch

RE: analyze tool vs. plot tool

Post by Reinhard Hainisch » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:06 am

Thx Ayman!

Was a little bit tricky to manually generate a working states file, but finally i got what i want