Runtime Error during Inverse dynamic

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Maria Isabel Orselli

Runtime Error during Inverse dynamic

Post by Maria Isabel Orselli » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:02 pm

Hi,

I'm a beginer in opensim and i'm having problems with inverse dynamics

When I try to run ID with a model that I modified with instructions posted in The Musculoeskeletal Modeler's Kitchen (https://simtk.org/forum/message.php?msg_id=5066) a mesage of Runtime error appears and the program crashes.

I modified the Arnold's "single leg model" (opensim version) with the pelvis of "Two legs and a HAT" model and my opensim version is 2.2.0_b1

the same problem didn't happen when I ran the example in tutorial 3.

Did anyone have the same problem ? Can it be some problem with the model I modified or any problem with the marker set i'm using?

I tried to run with and without the external loads but the same I had the same

thanks,
Maria Isabel

John De Witt

RE: Runtime Error during Inverse dynamic

Post by John De Witt » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:43 am

HI Maria,
I have had the same issue. I found that when I set up the IK analysis initially, the program crashes. However, if you reopen OS and immediately perform the same analysis, the program executs wihtout issue. I have also found that it is important to save the settings during the initial setup, and when you rerun, load the setting s file. Have you tried to rerun the analysis after a crash?
John

Maria Isabel Orselli

RE: Runtime Error during Inverse dynamic

Post by Maria Isabel Orselli » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:53 am

Hi John,

I tried to run the program right after it crashes, as you suggested, but it didn´t work. The analysis started but the message of Running Time error appear just as the analysis started.
And when I restart the program it didn't load the model I was using even with the "persist model" preference set "on"

It is strange because it didn't happen with the examples that came with the program !

do you have any other idea ?

thanks for help
Maria Isabel