EMG data in CMC and forward dynamics

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
julia kar

EMG data in CMC and forward dynamics

Post by julia kar » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:19 am

Hi,

If I have EMG data for some of the muscles from trials and would like to use them in CMC, how would I go about it? Ie I do not require these muscle activations data to be optimized.
Thanks
Julia

Anne Schmitz

RE: EMG data in CMC and forward dynamics

Post by Anne Schmitz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:47 pm

Go to my simtk project, UW Cosimulation, and look under documents. There's some files on how to run forward dynamics models with EMG.

Ayman Habib

RE: EMG data in CMC and forward dynamics

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi Julia,

As of now CMC doesn't have a way to exclude muscles from the solution, instead it allows for specifying constraints, so in case you have some known EMGs, you can make a reasonable envelope around them and use these as constraints when solving CMC. Of course this is less than optimal since it makes the problem harder to solve (rather than easier with fewer unknowns but that's what we have). The documentation should have some pointers about how to do this but please let me know if you get stuck with the mechanics of the setup files necessary to get this working.

Good luck,
-Ayman