Scaling and anatomical landmarks

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Bruno Zaffaina

Scaling and anatomical landmarks

Post by Bruno Zaffaina » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:06 am

I'm doing a gait analysis and I want to use the model in the example of gait_2392 to do it.

1. How could I do my personal markerset?
2. Are the markers in gait2392_Scale_MarkerSet.xml anatomical?
3. If I put a marker in Greater Trochanter(GT) in my subject where could I put the corresponding 'virtual marker GT' in the model gait_2392 (for scaling femur)? Near the GT in the femur of the model or the file femur.vtp is only an approximate femur?

Max Rusch

RE: Scaling and anatomical landmarks

Post by Max Rusch » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:00 am

Hi Bruno! You're Brazilian?

You personal markerset must have the same experimental markers of your data collection. In the GUI of OpenSim you can add new marker, and put this marker attach to the relative body near to same site of experimental marker you collect.

If you have the same place markers of the file gait2392_Scale_Markerset.xml you can go to the next marker that does not contain in this file.

I hope help you!

Max Rusch

Bruno Zaffaina

RE: Scaling and anatomical landmarks

Post by Bruno Zaffaina » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:01 am

Hi, I'm italian and I'm sorry for my terrible english! :(

Are you sure that the markers in gait2392_Scale_Markerset.xml are real anatomical landmarks?
For example, in the foot the only anatomical landmark (for me) is the heel and Toe.Med, Toe.Lat, Toe.Tip, etc. are not; I don't know where to put them in my subject!!