MSN Group 4 OpenSim, invite more guys to join

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Yi Wang

MSN Group 4 OpenSim, invite more guys to join

Post by Yi Wang » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:21 pm

Hi everyone, I have been in this forum since last year and benefit a lot from you help and I think OpenSim really amazing for the study. Thanks you all especially Ayman, who is considered as the angel of OpenSim!

That's why I create this MSN Group, I wanna to share our knowledge and we can discuss the problems face to face to solve the problem rather than waiting for an answer until somebody could see it. Isn't that a great idea?

If you are interested in this group and wanna to join, either adding tinyvane@gmail.com as a friend on MSN and then I could put you in the group, or open the page http://cid-0009b65a052f3c54.groups.live ... wlrefapp=2, then Join it by your account of MSN. Either way works.

And what we want is to make OpenSim perfect and solve the problem by exchanging our models or setting files so that we are not feeling alone.

Yi.
E&S Lab at University of Utah.

Yi Wang

RE: MSN Group 4 OpenSim, invite more guys to join

Post by Yi Wang » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Of course you can leave your MSN username here so that I can Invite you into the group instantly~

Thanks for your joining~

Yi.

Jennifer Hicks

Post by Jennifer Hicks » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi Yi,

I am the OpenSim Project Manager here at Stanford. Thank you for your interest in using OpenSim for your research and participating in the User Forum. It is great to have users involved in supporting each other and collaborating to solve problems

The goal of this public forum is to make troubleshooting tips and research discussion available to all OpenSim users. We are also in the process of adopting a new platform for the forum so it is more user-friendly, easier to search, etc.

SimTK also allows users to create their own projects to share models and data. You can create a project through the following link:
https://simtk.org/xml/how-to-contribute.xml

In summary, it would be ideal if you made your contributions and had discussions with other users here at SimTK. We are also in the process of making larger overhauls to the site, so we would appreciate further input on how the site and forum could be improved and what your motivations are for moving to an MSN group, rather than using the existing structures here at the SimTK site.

Thanks,
Jen

Sam Hamner

Post by Sam Hamner » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:46 pm

Hi Yi,

Great enthusiasm! It is fantastic that you want to create a place for others to share their successes and challenges with OpenSim.

You might also want to check out a new project recently started by Edith Arnold called The Musculoskeletal Modeler's Kitchen, which is also trying the address some of the issues you raised. Right now the "kitchen" is a wiki where members can post their insights for generating simulations with OpenSim. Although it doesn't have the "face-to-face" chat capabilities you mentioned, you still might find it useful.

Here's the link: https://simtk.org/home/modelerskitchen

Best,
Sam

Yi Wang

Post by Yi Wang » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Yes, I totally agreed with you. Maybe because my background, we used to like create such a real-time chat group to exchange idea. I don't object any ideas from here and I think it's great.

If you would like to close this topic, I totally agree with that.

Yi.
Thanks for your replying~