Problems to run Analyze using commend line v2.4.0

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Ruoli Wang

Problems to run Analyze using commend line v2.4.0

Post by Ruoli Wang » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:51 am

Hi Ayman,

I found there is a problem to run Analyze using commend line in v2.4.0, but it works with GUI (All other steps works fine with commend).

It always gave error message 'could not open file ResultsCMC/subject01_walk1_controls.xml. It may not exist or you don't have permission to read it. ' But the file is absolute in the ResultsCMC folder.

BTW, I have posted another question regarding to RRA earlier this week, can you help me?

Thank you,

Ruoli

Ayman Habib

Re: Problems to run Analyze using commend line v2.4.0

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi Ruoli,

The one single difference between the command line and the GUI is the assumptions made about working directory. The GUI operates in an environment where there's no assumed working directory while the command line tools assume a working directory depending on where you invoke them from. If your files are not in the same directory I'd suggest you try placing them in one directory and retry.

Good luck,
-Ayman

Ruoli Wang

Post by Ruoli Wang » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:49 am

Hi Ayman,

Thank you for the reply.

I think I have the right path. For instance, I have osim, all the setting files including setup_analyze.xml in the folder IAA_opensim, which should be the working directory. And after running CMC, the output saved in IAA_opensim/ResultsCMC/subject01_walk1_controls.xml, where the error message indicated no such a file.

Did I do something wrong?

Ruoli

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:59 am

Hi Ruoli,

Did you try using a leading ./ as in ./ResultsCMC or using an absolute path instead?

-Ayman

Ruoli Wang

Post by Ruoli Wang » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:40 am

Hi Ayman,

I used /ResultsCMC/subject01_walk1_controls.xml, but today I also tried ./ResultsCMC/subject01_walk1_controls.xml, did not work either, same error message.

Ruoli

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:27 am

Hi Ruoli,

We need more context to help you troubleshoot, as our nightly builds perform similar tasks without a problem. Did you try specifying a full path (e.g. C:/users/../resultsCMC/)? Also are you sure there are no typos in these names? If that all checks please file a bug report and attach all the files necessary to reproduce the problem.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Ruoli Wang

Post by Ruoli Wang » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:12 am

Hi Ayman,

The full path finally solved the problem. All the related files have to be referred using full path. Thank you!

Just curious, why it has to be full path in the setup_analyze.xml? but not in the other setup files e.g. setup_cmc.xml?

Best regards,

Ruoli