Display problem in v2.4

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Ruoli Wang

Display problem in v2.4

Post by Ruoli Wang » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:44 am

Hi,

I am trying to run scaling on Arnoldetal2010_2legs.osim model in v2.4, but some of the bones were not displayed in the scaled.osim. It displayed well in the generic model. The geometry folder and all other files are all in the working directory. In the GUI, I can see .vtp files are under the display geometry. Any idea how to fix it?

Thank you in advance,

Ruoli

Ayman Habib

Re: Display problem in v2.4

Post by Ayman Habib » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:46 am

Hi Ruoli,

To have the geometry display you need to have the Geometry files in one of these locations:
1. Same directory as the model
2. "Geometry" directory underneath it.
3. In a directory included in the "Geometry Path" available using Edit->Preferences->Geometry Path.

I'm not sure where your scaled model got generated but I suspect it was created in a directory different from the original model and accordingly scenario 1 above doesn't apply and why you don't see the geometry. If you're going to be working with the same model for a while it may be worth it to add the directory with the Geometry files to the Geometry Path (Option 3. above).

Please let me know if that resolves your problem.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Ruoli Wang

Post by Ruoli Wang » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:16 am

Hi Ayman,

Thank you for your quick answer. Option 3 works!!

Ruoli

Michala Cadova

Post by Michala Cadova » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:22 am

Hi,
I have the same problem (version 2.4). The bones are displayed well in the generic model, the geometry folder and all other files are all in the working directory. I use the .obj format for the geometry files. After scaling, I can see the muscles and the markers but not the geometry itself. When I save the model, close it, and reopen, I can see the geometry as well, but the markers are not placed properly. Under Edit->Preferences in the Geometry Path I have “../Geometry; Geometry”. The geometry files (.obj, and .vtp) are in the geometry folder as well as in the main folder where the .osim model is. What is wrong?

Thanks
Michala

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:45 am

Hi Michala,

As explained earlier on this thread, it's likely an issue with the working directory changing under the GUI while executing the scaling so the use of relative path to locate Geometry doesn't work. I'd suggest you modify your Edit->Preferences->Geometry Path to include the absolute path to your installDir/Geometry (e.g. C:\OpenSim2.4.0\Geometry). In the next version we'll switch to use the absolute path (rather than relative) so the problem should be fixed.

Please let me know if that resolves your problem or if you have further questions.

Best regards,
-Ayman