Lee-Son toolbox, .csv problem

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Marika B

Lee-Son toolbox, .csv problem

Post by Marika B » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:42 pm

I was trying to use the Lee-son toolbox to convert a csv file to trc and mot for use in opensim. However, when I click convert data, select the file and click open, the toolbox seems to be working for a couple of seconds, then it stops responding. I tried using both the versions of the toolbox that I found available.
I also tried opening one of the dynamic example files without any trouble. Therefore I'm guessing there must be something in the csv file causing the the toolbox to keep looping. What do I look for?
I am not sure how the vicon system was set up since I was not the one who read the data, I just need to interpret it.

Ayman Habib

Re: Lee-Son toolbox, .csv problem

Post by Ayman Habib » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi Marika,

The Lee-son tool-box has been very useful to the OpenSim user community but it was not written, and is not supported by the OpenSim team. I'd recommend you contact the toolbox author(s) to get their feedback and whether anything needs to be changed to make it work with your setup/data, platform or version of OpenSim.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Marika B

Post by Marika B » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Thanks for your reply Ayman.

I only realised that there was a section of the forum about the toolbox today or I wouldn't have posted this here. Hopefully someone knowledgeable about the toolbox sees my other thread over there.

Sangjun Lee

Post by Sangjun Lee » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:58 pm

Dear Marika,

I replied to you via e-mail, and updated our toolbox.
Please check that.

Thanks,
Sanjun Lee.

Marika B

Post by Marika B » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:15 pm

Dear Sanjun Lee,

Thank you very much for both your replies. I did not reply to your email only because I hadn't yet had the time to work in detail with the updated version of the toolbox. But from the little time I spent checking it out it seems to be ok now.
Again, thank you, I really appreciate your kind help :) .

Regards,
Marika