xml code for muscle as a ligament

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Caterina Passini

xml code for muscle as a ligament

Post by Caterina Passini » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:00 am

Hi, some time ago I added some ligaments to my gait2354 model, but then I discovered that I can’t plot them. Now I would be interested in plotting them and I’m thinking about create a muscle, with ligament feature, but I’m not very good at Xml code, there someone who has already the xml code for a ligament as a muscle with particular feature, or maybe someone who can help in some other way?

Thank you very much!
Caterina

Ayman Habib

Re: xml code for muscle as a ligament

Post by Ayman Habib » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi Caterina,

Can you please explain what you mean by "plotting" ligaments? At some point in the past we were modeling Ligaments as special kind of muscles but we stopped doing it since we introduced a proper Ligament class. Ligaments are forces (rather than Actuators) and as such have no control input.

If you want to see how a Ligament looks in xml you can do it by going to Help->XML Browser in the OpenSim application and then pick Ligament from the dropdown of available classes.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Caterina Passini

Post by Caterina Passini » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi Ayman, thank you for your reply, as soon as possible I'm going to look at your ligament code, :) anyway, by plotting a ligament, I mean I would be interesting in knowing how ligament length change during a task for example, or something similar...
Thank you very much!
Caterina

yu lu

Post by yu lu » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:14 am

Hi Caterina,

Have you solve the problem for plotting the ligament?
Because I'm thinking about the same thing.
It would be very helpful if you can give me some advise.

Lu

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:57 am

There isn't a way of plotting a Models ligament properties (length, force, moment-arm) through the GUI yet. I would suggest making a feature request and we can try and put in for the next release. Otherwise, you can plot the ligament forces during a simulation and back calculate the length.

Cheers,
-j

Emma Martí

Post by Emma Martí » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:04 am

hi! I can seee that this was asked years ago, but now i have the same question. I would like to know if is there any way of plotting the force the knee ligaments recives on a static pose. Is there any way that i could do it?

it would be very helpful if someone could give me some advice,
Emma