inverse kinematic problem

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
abeer mohamed

inverse kinematic problem

Post by abeer mohamed » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:10 am

Hello all,
I just download opensim 3.1, I run the scaling uploading opensim setup file (subject01_setup_scale), then I run the inverse kinematic uploading also opensim setup file (subject_setup_IK) and this the error I received.

InverseKinematicsTool Failed: AssemblySolver::assemble() Failed: SimTK Exception thrown at Assembler.cpp:842:
Method Assembler::assemble() failed because:
Optimizer failed with message: SimTK Exception thrown at Assembler.cpp:225:
Error detected by Simbody method AssemblerSystem::objectiveFunc(): calcGoal() method of assembly condition Markers returned a negative or non-finite value -1.#IND.
(Required condition 'goalValue >= 0' was not met.)

Assembly error tolerance achieved: 0 required: 1e-006.

thanks
abeer

jimmy d

Re: inverse kinematic problem

Post by jimmy d » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:39 pm

Abeer-
Perhaps check the marker tracking weightings to make sure they are not all set to 0.
cheers,
-james

abeer mohamed

Post by abeer mohamed » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:27 am

Hi James
I checked the marker tracking weightings, they all were set to zero, I reset all of them. however now the Run button is disable, so there is no way to run IK.
thanks
abeer

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Abeer-
it wont run if any marker is checked for tracking but isnt in the the trc file. Go through the markers and see if any are highlighted red. Uncheck all of those and you will be able to run.
-james

abeer mohamed

Post by abeer mohamed » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:02 am

Hi James
thanks, it work now.
abeer

shuyang han

Post by shuyang han » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:16 pm

Hi James,

Will a gap (missing marker in certain frame) in the .trc file produce the same problem ? I am a new user. I collect data using Cortex, and export .trc file. Should I fill the gaps for the motion data prior to OpenSim ? Does OpenSim has the gap-filling function? Thank you !

jimmy wrote:Abeer-
Perhaps check the marker tracking weightings to make sure they are not all set to 0.
cheers,
-james