Feet in plantar flexion

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Ursula Trinler

Feet in plantar flexion

Post by Ursula Trinler » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:14 am

Dear OpenSim Team,

I'm a new OpenSim user and in the moment I play around with the different model types you have. I also tried the Gait 2392 model including the Plug in Gait marker set. After adjusting the subjects .xml files, everything seems to work, except that the feet of the subject seem to be in plantar flexion the whole movement (see attached video). I tried to adjust the model markers to the experimental markers but nothing changed. Should the heel marker and toe marker be placed in a straight line on the subject? Normally, we do not do that in experimental analysis, because there is a feature in VICON taking that off set into account.
A second small problem occurs. The upper body seems to have a higher range in the frontal plane (see attached video). I'm thinking now, if this occurs because of wrongly placed marker as well? I used wand markers for the thigh and the shank.

I would be more than happy for help!
Thank you!
Ursula
Attachments
upper_body.tiff
video_feet.tiff

Maria Isabel Orselli

Re: Feet in plantar flexion

Post by Maria Isabel Orselli » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:52 am

Hi Ursula,

try to see if your markers are attached to the right segment. I think that the marker on the toe has to be attached to the calcaneus body.

hope it helps,
Bel