CMC failed to open states file while running

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Alex MacIntosh

CMC failed to open states file while running

Post by Alex MacIntosh » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:14 pm

Hello,

I am trying to use CMC for a flexion/extension motion of the index finger. When I run the CMC tool, after a few iterations the tools stops and this error comes up:
IO.OpenFile(const string&,const string&): failed to open Results/CMC/2F/0_states.sto
I am able to open the file referenced (Results/CMC/2F/0_states.sto). I am not sure why this error is occurring. If anyone has any suggestions or come across something similar it would be a huge help.

A couple things I have noticed when running CMC that my or may not be relevant:
1. I have "use_fast_optimization_target" to false
2. I have noticed that CMC sets default activation to 0.02 even though I am using Millard2012AccelerationModel, with default activation set to 0. (Which is what I though part of the purpose of using this model.

If anyone has any input about any of this it would be really helpful.

Thanks so much!

Alex

Mike Howard

Re: CMC failed to open states file while running

Post by Mike Howard » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:06 am

I have the same issue, on CMC version 3.1.0 on ubuntu. Mine is an upper torso model moving an arm, and it happens every time at t=0.33, with the error "IO.OpenFile(const string&,const string&): failed to open ./results//cmcModel.osim_states.sto.

That file exists with permissions 644 and its size is 30016378, every time I run. Last time I ran as root, and made sure results directory has 777 permission, so it's not a permissions problem. I'm running CMC from a python script, and both the script and the configuration file (and states file) are all in my home directory.

I ran the same model on the same machine moving both arms instead of 1 and it ran to completion, making a larger states file, so it's not file size and it's not that it can't do it.

It takes so long to run that it's hard to try a lot of things, but I guess I'll go back to the one that worked and more slowly try to convert it into the movement I want.