Crash of OpenSim 3.2 64 bits

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Gerus Pauline

Crash of OpenSim 3.2 64 bits

Post by Gerus Pauline » Fri May 16, 2014 3:10 am

Hi All,

I installed the last version of OpenSim (OpenSim-3.2.0-win64VC10P.exe) on my PC (Windows 7 64 bits).

When I tried to load a model (gait2354_simbody.osim), OpenSim crashed. I attached to this post the log file.

When I tried to load a model in Matlab by using an example, I had this error :

??? Java exception occurred:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.opensim.modeling.opensimModelJNI
at org.opensim.modeling.Model.<init>(Model.java:127)
Error in ==> TugOfWar_CompleteRunVisualize at 32
osimModel = Model('tug_of_war_muscles_controller.osim');

Does anyone have the same problem or can help me ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Pauline
Attachments
hs_err_pid7736.log
Error file
(36.05 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

Ayman Habib

Re: Crash of OpenSim 3.2 64 bits

Post by Ayman Habib » Fri May 16, 2014 9:53 am

Hi Pauline,

The stack trace you sent includes libraries from both OpenSim 3.1 and 3.2, in particular the osim*.dll come from version 3.1, this suggests that either the path was not updated correctly (will cause problems to Matlab) or the runtime libraries installed by redistributable were not installed. I'm assuming you have 64 bit Matlab and that's why you want the 64 bit version. As of version 3.2 there's a script included with the distribution to do the wiring for you as descibed here
http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:80 ... nvironment

Please try that, make sure the install-dir/bin is in the front of your path and let me know how it goes.
We also posted another x64 installer made with VS2013 that you could try if the above doesn't work for you.

Best regards,
-Ayman