matlab-opensim interface linux

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Kevin Tanghe

matlab-opensim interface linux

Post by Kevin Tanghe » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:04 am

Hi,

Is it possible to use a combination of Matlab and OpenSim in Linux? I would like to do this because I also need a third program for which I only have a Linux license.

I installed OpenSim in Linux by building it from source. Then I set up Matlab following the instructions of http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:80 ... ith+Matlab . These are instructions for Windows. I think they might work also for Linux, except for the step where you need to point to the org-opensim-modeling.jar file. This file is not available in the OpenSim installation from source. I tried pointing at the file located at my Windows partition, but I don't know if this is the right thing to do.

When I try to run a script in Matlab (which works in Windows), I get an error (screenshot available in attachment).
Any ideas how this can be solved?
Attachments
matlab2.png
matlab2.png (10.93 KiB) Viewed 767 times

jimmy d

Re: matlab-opensim interface linux

Post by jimmy d » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:26 am

Hi Kevin,

The Java wrapping for OpenSim is not included in the source code distribution. It will be included in the next distribution.

Cheers,
-james