Scale file output

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Ko Sasaki

Scale file output

Post by Ko Sasaki » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:33 pm

Hi,
Is there a reason that the Scale tool running on GUI does not write output files on the working directory (folder)?
When I run a set up file via command-line execution, all output files specified in the set up file (output model, scale set, scaled only model, motion file, and marker set files) are created.
(A weird thing is... when I once ran Scaling via GUI, I "accidentally" got all output files written on the working directory. But I could not get the same results next time I ran Scaling using the same set up file via GUI.)

jimmy d

Re: Scale file output

Post by jimmy d » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:50 am

Hi Ko-

The scaletool in the GUI assumes you will repeat the scaling process until your happy and then save the results to file. I believe if output files are specified then they get saved to file, otherwise the scaled model is just shown in the GUI.

Cheers,
-James

Ko Sasaki

Post by Ko Sasaki » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:06 am

Hi James,
Thanks for your comment.
Yes, that is what I expect. When I run Scale, I load a set up file specifying a scaled model file, marker file, etc.
Using GUI, I see messages, "Wrote model file ...." and "Wrote marker file ...." after running Scale, but I have not seen those files actually written on the working folder (except once in my life :-)). The command-line execution does write those files.
So, I just wondered if my OpenSim setup and/or Scale setup file need to be adjusted.

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:25 am

Hi Ko-

Try putting the full path in the output model file xml tags (there will be two in the xml file). I just ran a simple test and it seems like the full path needs to be set for the GUI to automatically print the scaled and moved models.

Code: Select all

<output_model_file> C:/testFolder/ScalesTest </output_model_file> 
Cheers,
-James

Ko Sasaki

Post by Ko Sasaki » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:48 am

Perfect! Thank you.