re. weld joint

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Nithin Kurup

re. weld joint

Post by Nithin Kurup » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:12 am

Hi ,

Can someone share the syntax of a WeldJoint (.xml) as I am having bit of trouble finding tags to mention the parent and child bodies.

PS. I am aware of the syntax of WeldConstraint, I am trying to run a joint analysis for which WeldJoint would be useful.

thanks

Nithin

Vishal R

Re: re. weld joint

Post by Vishal R » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:20 am

Hi,

This is the example that I found in Dynamic walker example. Hope it helps.

Code: Select all

<WeldJoint name="PlatformToGround">
							<!--Name of the parent body to which this joint connects its owner body.-->
							<parent_body>ground</parent_body>
							<!--Location of the joint in the parent body specified in the parent reference frame. Default is (0,0,0).-->
							<location_in_parent>0 0 0</location_in_parent>
							<!--Orientation of the joint in the parent body specified in the parent reference frame. Euler XYZ body-fixed rotation angles are used to express the orientation. Default is (0,0,0).-->
							<orientation_in_parent>0 0 -0.174532925199433</orientation_in_parent>
							<!--Location of the joint in the child body specified in the child reference frame. For SIMM models, this vector is always the zero vector (i.e., the body reference frame coincides with the joint). -->
							<location>0 0 0</location>
							<!--Orientation of the joint in the owing body specified in the owning body reference frame.  Euler XYZ body-fixed rotation angles are used to express the orientation. -->
							<orientation>0 0 0</orientation>
							<!--Set holding the generalized coordinates (q's) that parmeterize this joint.-->
							<CoordinateSet>
								<objects />
								<groups />
							</CoordinateSet>
							<!--Whether the joint transform defines parent->child or child->parent.-->
							<reverse>false</reverse>
						</WeldJoint>
cheers
vishal

Nithin Kurup

weld joint

Post by Nithin Kurup » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:24 am

Dear Vishal,

Thank you so much, Its really helpful.

Have a nice day,

Nithin