asking for help with IK tool

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Linjie Wang

asking for help with IK tool

Post by Linjie Wang » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:16 am

Hi, everyone.

I am a new user of OpenSim. Is there anyone could help me?

I am confused about the output in the inverse kinematics tool. Is that Motion file an output file that is produced by the IK tool or a file measured by people?

I downloaded documents from the Grand Challenge Competition to Predict In Vivo Knee Loads. I got the .trc files but the .mot files are not available. So I wonder if the .mot files should be measured by myself.

Thanks in advance,
Linjie

Dimitar Stanev

Re: asking for help with IK tool

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:04 am

Hi,
I am confused about the output in the inverse kinematics tool. Is that Motion file an output file that is produced by the IK tool or a file measured by people?
What you measure is the trajectory of the markers attached on the body. Then through IK you translate these measurements to model space coordinate motion.

http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:80 ... Kinematics
I downloaded documents from the Grand Challenge Competition to Predict In Vivo Knee Loads. I got the .trc files but the .mot files are not available. So I wonder if the .mot files should be measured by myself.
The .trc is the input to IK and .mot is the output of this method.

Best

Linjie Wang

Re: asking for help with IK tool

Post by Linjie Wang » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:08 am

Hi, Jim.

Thank you for your answer.

Linjie