how to move self-built impalnts into existent lower extremity model in OpenSim

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Linjie Wang

how to move self-built impalnts into existent lower extremity model in OpenSim

Post by Linjie Wang » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:33 am

Hi, there.

Does anyone know how to move self-built impalnts into existent lower extremity model for kinematics and kinetics analysis?

Currently, I have built a total knee replacement and downloaded a lower extremity model from grand knee chanllenge competition. And the femur, tibia and its replacement included in that musculoskeletal model have been replaced with my own built counterpart models via editting the xml file. However, my self-built models did not appear on the right locations, which means need my adjustments through editting each parts' loaction and orientation. although those parts can be moved to approximate locations as one assembly be put, the connections beween each part or contact relationship between femoral replacemnt and tibial one cannot be perfectly matched. Therefore, I am wondering if anyone knows how to assemble them in the right places and right connection relationships in the OpenSim environment.

Thanks in advance!
Linjie

Krishnakumar Sankar

Re: how to move self-built impalnts into existent lower extremity model in OpenSim

Post by Krishnakumar Sankar » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:52 am

Check the coordinates of the implant that you have designed in your software.It will be visible in GUI only if its coordinate systems are equivalent to opensim lower extremity model coordinates.

Chengzheng Mao

Re: how to move self-built impalnts into existent lower extremity model in OpenSim

Post by Chengzheng Mao » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:33 pm

Hi, Linjie, how did you edit the .xml file and import your self-designed implant into the model?
Is there any introduction or guide you suggest I can follow?
Thank you!
Chengzheng