Objects disappear during forward simulation

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Connor Stapp

Objects disappear during forward simulation

Post by Connor Stapp » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:37 am

For the model that I'm working on, as I change muscle parameters and object weights, I run forward simulations to determine how these changes affect the model. One issue that I've been having during forward simulation is that the model disappears and won't reappear. In order for the model to reappear, I have to set the model back to its default pose. Has anybody else had this issue and if so, how'd you fix it?

Thomas Uchida

Re: Objects disappear during forward simulation

Post by Thomas Uchida » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:09 pm

It sounds like you're using the GUI. Perhaps the simulation is crashing (e.g., resulting in NaNs for positions or coordinates). If so, a red circle may appear in the bottom-right corner of the GUI; clicking on the circle will provide detail about the issue.

Connor Stapp

Post by Connor Stapp » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:42 am

At the moment, all of the bodies within the model have weld joints except for one which has a Custom Joint. During forward simulation, as the body with the custom joint falls due to gravity, it eventually disappears and as I try to rotate the other bodies, they disappear as well. When the body with the custom joint initially disappears, I decided to check the coordinates of the object and found that instead of coordinates, there where question marks. Would you happen to know why this is occurring?

Thomas Uchida

Post by Thomas Uchida » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:21 am

Would you happen to know why this is occurring?
It's difficult to diagnose without seeing the model. To facilitate the process, perhaps you could upload your model?