inverse kinematics only running through first frame

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Grace M

inverse kinematics only running through first frame

Post by Grace M » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:10 pm

I am trying to run inverse kinematics on the Grand challenge 4th competition data. When I set it up with the trc file it automates to analyze from time 0 to 0 seconds. When I manually input the initial and final time it outputs that the "number of workunits cannot be negative". If I run IK externally via MATLAB only the first frame is analyzed. Any ideas on what the issue is??

Josh Baxter

Re: inverse kinematics only running through first frame

Post by Josh Baxter » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:11 pm

sounds like the input file isn't the appropriate format. can you post the TRC file you're trying to track?

Grace M

Post by Grace M » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:21 pm

i get the error .trc is an invalid file extension to attach a file. But here is a google drive link to it https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dH50r3 ... sp=sharing

Josh Baxter

Post by Josh Baxter » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:16 pm

i'm not clear on how opensim parses a trc file but I do see that the header info in your file uses .txt rather than .trc (row 1) and that the frame data are not integers. that might be causing some problems?

Grace M

Post by Grace M » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:25 pm

I tried changing the header to .trc but it didn't help. What do you mean by the frame data is not integers? I couldn't see any decimals/fractions when I open the file in excell. Thanks

Thomas Uchida

Post by Thomas Uchida » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:00 pm

The file you uploaded is not formatted correctly. Please see the "Marker (.trc) Files" page in the Confluence documentation (https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/d ... c%29+Files). Specifically, you are missing a blank row before the first frame. You can test your file in the OpenSim GUI by selecting Preview Experimental Data... from the File menu.