Static Optimization error

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
masahiro yokota

Static Optimization error

Post by masahiro yokota » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:00 am

Hello, everyone.

I'm using OpenSim to simulate muscle activity during sit to stand movement. I run StaticOptimization to examine them and message box said that "The model appears unsuitable for static optimization". I added reserve actuator and I ran StaticOptimization again. But the result did not change. Although I changed the maximum generalized force produced by reserve actuator, message box said same error message again. I am very struggling to solve this problem.
Would you like to tell me how to solve this problem?

Thank you very much.
Masahiro

Ayman Habib

Re: Static Optimization error

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:51 am

Dear Masahiro,

I'd run Inverse Dynamics first, see what forces/torques are required to generate the motion, then add reserves to account-for/support muscles that can't generate enough torque. This will also help you zone in on other potential issues (e.g. with applied forces) that may not be apparent by inspection. You'll find the following documentation page useful in this regard

https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8 ... timization

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

masahiro yokota

Re: Static Optimization error

Post by masahiro yokota » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:32 am

Dear Ayman,
Thank you for your reply.

I run ID and I checked the each moment. But I don't know how to decide the maximum generalized force produced by each actuators.
Should I add more amount of power of actuator if each torqu are large?
I know this is a simple question, but would you give me some ideas?

Thank you very much.