IndAccPI for foot contact forces

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Joe Prinold

IndAccPI for foot contact forces

Post by Joe Prinold » Wed May 28, 2014 9:52 am

I am trying to use the IndAccPI plug-in with an OpenSim model to define how the ground reaction force vector should be split into 5 distinct force vectors on each foot. This would be according to the foot contact model described in Dorn et al., 2012 and included in the IndAccPI plug-in. However, the plug-in's analysis is giving force vectors that point in seemingly random directions and the agreement between the MODEL_TOTAL and the EXPERIMENTAL values of the ground reaction force are very different.

The model that I am using is a single leg model with a three segment foot. 5 points are assigned to the left foot and the left foot force is zero throughout. This method worked with the example data included with the plug-in - where I reduced the model to only a single leg and used the same technique. However, with my own model - a single leg model with a three segment foot - the plug-in seems to find incorrect results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this. Running a static optimization on my model solves with no problems, so I don't think there are inherent problems with the models capacity to solve.

Thanks

Joe

jimmy d

Re: IndAccPI for foot contact forces

Post by jimmy d » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:48 am

Hi Joe,

The best place to ask for help will be the forum page of the project and/or the developer. We have never used that plugin so we can't assist.

Gluck,
-james

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:48 am

Hi Joe,

The best place to ask for help will be the forum page of the project and/or the developer. We have never used that plugin so we can't assist.

Gluck,
-james

Joe Prinold

Post by Joe Prinold » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:30 am

Ok thanks, I have now done this.

Joe