OpenSim 3.2 API for Mac

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Wasim Malik

OpenSim 3.2 API for Mac

Post by Wasim Malik » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:54 pm

Is it possible to get the Mac OSX build of the OpenSim 3.2 API? I can only find either the Windows installers or the source code on the Downloads page. I only want to use the API with Matlab/Python scripting, no GUI. Thanks.

jimmy d

Re: OpenSim 3.2 API for Mac

Post by jimmy d » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:03 am

Hi Wasim,

Before source releases were available, we published API versions for MAC and linux but there was very little demand for them. Currently, you will have to build from source for these platforms.

Our apologies if that wasn't clearly documented.

You can build the API from source and use the libraries through matlab/python. Instructions for building from source can be found here; http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:80 ... rom+Source

Cheers,
-james

David John Saxby

Post by David John Saxby » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:11 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm working with a collaborator who uses a Mac (why I'm not sure :)). Have you guys had success building from source, and then successfully calling the API via Mac Matlab?

Just curious how much effort is involved in getting this operational.

Best,

DJS

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:32 am

Hi David,

Building the wrappers on Mac wouldn't be a problem, as we've done in the past. We haven't tried loading the wrappers in a native installation of Matlab on Mac. The latter step has quite a few unknowns due to the number of players involved (Matlab, Java, C++ compilers, runtime environment).

If your collaborator is an experienced Mac user and wants to try it, I can help with troubleshooting otherwise it'd be easier (and a more travelled) route to install a Windows environment.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman