Model with Knee Ligaments

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Jonathan Sinclair

Model with Knee Ligaments

Post by Jonathan Sinclair » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:08 pm

I am wanting to use the new Osim model with knee ligements to quantify ligament kinetics in dynamic tasks.

I currently use Visual 3D and export to Osim, however the Visual 3D export is coded to correspons to the gait 2392 model and thus constrains the knee to 1 degree of freedom which is not consistent with the knee ligement model which does not constrain the knee rotations.

Is there a way that anyone knows that allows a .mot file to be created which is dynamically consistent with the knee ligement model.

Regards
Jonathan Sinclair

jimmy d

Re: Model with Knee Ligaments

Post by jimmy d » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:39 am

Hi Jonathan,

This sounds like a limitation of using visual3d for this project. I would suggest using the knee ligament model and OpenSim's Inverse Kinematics to generate the required knee kinematics.

Cheers,
-james

sdfdsf dfgfg

Re: Model with Knee Ligaments

Post by sdfdsf dfgfg » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:03 am

If for instance I have 32 muscles in the model the Static normalised each muscle for its maximum?
Decrease your exam stress by using our latest online spanish lessons and best quality www.spanishprograms.com and www2.ed.gov