one force plate, two feet

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Julie Ellis

one force plate, two feet

Post by Julie Ellis » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:14 am

I am working on modelling a push-up task with a full body model. We collected external load data with 3 force plates, with each hand on a separate force plate and both feet on the third. When using inverse dynamics what would be the best method of applying the forces to both feet? Will the they require a weld-constraint to fixate them to the ground?
Thanks for your help in advance!
Julie Ellis

jimmy d

Re: one force plate, two feet

Post by jimmy d » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:46 am

Hi Julie,

You wont need a weld constraint. I would suggest splitting the ground reaction forces evenly across the two feet. You will need to calculate the location of feet application to the ground from kinematics and apply the forces at those locations.

Hope that helps,
-James

Sami Khan

Post by Sami Khan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:49 am

Hello James,

I have a similar Problem. Could you explain how to calculate the location of feet application to the ground from kinematics?

thanks
Skipper141

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:09 am

Hi Skipper,

That will depend on the marker set you have used for your feet. Using the positions of the markers, and knowing that the vertical position of the ground is zero, you should be able to use some logic to get a reasonable estimate.

Hope that helps,
-james

Sami Khan

Post by Sami Khan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:57 am

Thank you James!