Customer toruqe

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Jicheng Xia

Customer toruqe

Post by Jicheng Xia » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:57 pm

Good afternoon,

Does anyone know how to add an active torque to a joint? For example, adding a torque that is proportional to the joint angle (T = K*theta) to a joint. In other words, the profile of the torque is unknown, Opensim should be able to calculate the torque using the known states ONLINE (joint angle, derivative of the joint angle, etc.) and then apply the torque to the corresponding joint.

If anyone can help me out or give me some hints, I would really appreciate.

Jicheng

Jicheng Xia

RE: Customer toruqe

Post by Jicheng Xia » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:53 am

Good afternoon,

My advisor helped me contact professor Delp, and here is what professor Delp said: It's possible to add a custom "actuator", but it's a bit of a pain because you would have to modify the source and re-compile the code. We are about to release OpenSim 2.0, which will make it much easier."

Before having access to version 2.0, I want to have a try by myself. Does anybody know the meaning of the "source code" in professor Delp's reply? Is it the xml files? If not, how to get access to the scource code?

Thanks for your help,
Jicheng

Daniel Leib

Post by Daniel Leib » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:02 pm

Source code refers to the code used to write the OpenSim program, as in the C++ or Java file it was compiled from.

I believe you have to sign up/be admitted to get the source from the repository here; one of the developers can probably expand on how that works better.

Jicheng Xia

Post by Jicheng Xia » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:05 pm

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for the information. Do you know the approximate time when version 2.0 will be released? Just want to determine what to do next.

Thanks,
Jicheng