Forward dynamics didnot match inverse dynamics

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Bo Ding

Forward dynamics didnot match inverse dynamics

Post by Bo Ding » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:56 am

Hi all,

I use the musculoskeletal model to calculate knee joint moment and use inverse dynamics to examine it. However, the moment obtained from forward is about 100Nm, while the results obtained from inverse dynamics is only 6Nm.
I only take knee joint into account and the equation of inverse dynamics that i applied can be found in figure.
Is there any problmes in the equation?
Thanks

Bo Ding
Attachments
QQ图片20141222215130.png
QQ图片20141222215130.png (5.45 KiB) Viewed 685 times

Michael Sherman

Re: Forward dynamics didnot match inverse dynamics

Post by Michael Sherman » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:41 am

Hi, Bo Ding. Looks like a sign error in your equation unless I'm misunderstanding it. Since f=ma you have f_unknown + f_applied = ma => f_unknown = ma - f_applied.

Regards,
Sherm

Bo Ding

Post by Bo Ding » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:22 pm

Hello Sherm,

Thanks for your reply. But I still feel confused. What does the f_unknown mean? Do you mean that the joint moment generated by muscles is comprised by the f_unknow and the ma ? If this is true, the observed human motion was resulted from only a small part of muscle forces.

Regards,

Bo Ding

Michael Sherman

Post by Michael Sherman » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:16 pm

Hi, Bo Ding. By f_unknown I meant the moment you called "M". Possibly I misunderstood your intent, but I'm assuming you want to know how much additional torque it would take at the joint in order to explain the angular acceleration (theta double dot) you observed, after removing the known effect of gravity.

Sherm

Bo Ding

Post by Bo Ding » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:48 pm

Hi, Sherm. You are right. I assume that the joint torque produced by muscles would equal to the torque obtained form inverse dynamics. For example, if the knee angle is a constant, f_unknown will equal to the amount of torque generated by gravity.

Bo Ding

die ting

Post by die ting » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:36 pm

What does the f_unknown mean? Do you mean that the joint moment generated by muscles is comprised by the f_unknow and the ma ? If this is true, the observed human motion was resulted from only a small part of muscle forces.???
Unlike scam learning spanish dumps and spanish learning dumps training program, our best wikipedia and www.northwood.edu